Is everything there?
Be very careful if you are to buy a car that has been taken apart to for restoration. It is very difficult to check that you get all parts and that they are the right parts. Some parts are difficult or almost impossible to find, while others are very expensive. Here is a list of the most vital parts that must be with the car:
Older models (49-67)
- Rear window
- Engine lid
- The top frame
- Rear seat (completely different to the seat in the Sedan)
- Inside rear-view mirror, it is adjustable on the Cabrio
- Side window frames and winding mechanisms.
- All bits and pieces on the top frame
Also make sure that they are right for the particular car you are looking at: it is not unusual for the engine lid and rear window to be wrong.
Newer models (68-79)
Much easier to find parts almost everything is available from VW or independent VW specialists. But still some parts must be there:
- Rear window
- Engine lid up to ´71, and from ´76, the models between have the same lid as the Super Beetle
- Rear seat (completely different, a seat from a sedan is not possible to use or rebuild)
- quarter-glass window frames
- top frame
Also make sure that they are right to the car, it is not unusual that the engine lid and rear window to be wrong.
and rust | The
top | Chrome and mouldings
| Import from USA
Is everything there? | Chassis, mechanics and customized | Prices and conclusion
Home | The Key to VW Cabrio | VW 411/412 | Hebmuller | VW K 70
My cars | New! | Information | Site-map | e-mail | På svenska